Job Applicant Privacy Notice
As part of any recruitment process, PowerTherm Solutions Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
What information do we collect?
During the recruitment process, PowerTherm Solutions collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- Your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history; information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements; whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- Information about your entitlement to work in Ireland.
PowerTherm Solutions may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example through our website contact sheet, CVS or resumes, Linked-In or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. However, we will only do this once we have your explicit permission to do so.
Data will be stored in HR management files (only accessible to the Managing Director) and other IT systems such as email or managerial spreadsheets. These files are accessible only to the Managing Director and staff member involved with the recruitment process.
Why does PowerTherm Solutions Ltd process personal data?
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is mandatory to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in Ireland before employment starts.
PowerTherm Solutions Ltd has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
For how long does PowerTherm Solutions Ltd keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Powertherm Solutions will hold your data on file for 6 (six) months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If you agree to allow us to keep your personal data on file, we will hold your data on file for a further 6 (six) months for consideration for future employment opportunities. At the end of that period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or destroyed. You will be asked when you submit your CV whether you give us consent to hold your details for the full 12 months in order to be considered for other positions or not.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where PowerTherm Solutions is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email our office email@example.com.
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Data Protection Commissioner.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to PowerTherm Solutions Ltd during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
Back to Careers